5 Facts About Cockroaches You Should Know
Cockroaches are something no one wants to have in their home, and at Suffolk County Pest Control we are here to provide you with facts about cockroaches you may not have been aware of, and help you solve a roach problem if you have one.
If you’re uncertain as to whether or not you actually have a roach infestation, you can rely on Suffolk County Pest Control in Suffolk County, New York to find the problem for you. No one wants to admit they have a roach problem but admitting the problem is the only way to get rid of it.
No matter how clean you are, it doesn’t mean that your next door neighbor is as clean as you. The problem can spread and you could become the victim of a full-blown roach infestation.Roaches are nasty insects to have around and unfortunately, most infestations are found in the kitchen, the one place you would rather not find this type of pest.
Yes, there are even some cockroaches that fly. These are usually the ones found living in tropical areas. You might also be familiar with water bugs, also part of the cockroach species. However, in this article, we are discussing the common household type of cockroach. There are actually about four different types of cockroaches that we would consider to be a pest problem.
Facts About Cockroaches
You might think you know all that there is to know about roaches. However, here are some things you may not know:
- Living environment: Since roaches seek the same thing most pests seek; food, water, and warmth, your home may be the perfect environment for them to live and breed in.
- Entrance: Since a roach can flatten their bodies, they are capable of getting into your home through various means, such as vents, drain pipes, crevices, sewer and small cracks in your foundation. You can even transport them into your home from paper bags and cardboard boxes.
- Activity: They are nocturnal and this is often why you will only notice them at night. Basically, if you turn on the lights at night and see cockroaches, this is a sure sign that there is an infestation.
- Also, if you see them in the daytime, this is another sign of an infestation.
- Health issues: Roaches can cause allergic reactions in some people due to their cast-off skin and droppings.
“Facts About Cockroaches” was first published by suffolkcountypestcontrol.com